Options

Worst Wedding You have ever taken photos at ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23 Big grins
edited June 5, 2019 in Weddings

:'(

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins

I have done a few weddings at halls that were little more than cinder block brick buildings with florescent lighting. tough to make it look nice.

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins

I've only done 3 weddings but my second one was enough to make me never want to do another one. I was the second shooter. We met with the priest prior to the ceremony. He told us where he would allow us to stand and where would be the best place to be once the ceremony began so we could be out of the way and still get our shots. Well, now....the place where the priest told me to go was smack dab in the way of the altar boys and the other officiant! Every thing I did the other guy was telling me to move (nicely....at least at first). I was so embarrassed. After the 5th or 6th time of being in the way, and being mortified each time, I just felt like it was a comedy of errors. I missed a lot of shots because to move out of the way of that other group of participants usually put me at a bad angle or took the time I should have been shooting. The good news is that I don't think most of the wedding guests or the bride and groom noticed. The mother of the bride noticed though and kept shooting glares at me the whole time and of course the altar boys and other officiant were annoyed as well. UGH! I did apologize to them after the ceremony and explained that the priest had placed me in that spot.

I guess it could have been worse, but I still felt horrible about it.

Sherry P.

• Options
    compasiune11compasiune11 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

Worst wedding... Pff. I was a great hall with florescent light. Very wierd color. Difficult to do it in post.

Fotograf Nunta | Fotograf Brasov
    Canon 5DIV | Canon EF 35 f1.4 L II | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L II | Canon 70-200 f2.8 L II IS | Canon 16-35 f4 L IS
  • Options
    SoulseekerSoulseeker Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    The worst wedding was my first wedding that I photographed. The groom asked me about the drone and carbon ice, as if it were my job to know about that stuff. My mistake is that I have not been able to talk to them from the beginning.
  • Options
    mikestrockmikestrock Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins

The worst wedding I ever did (and the last wedding I ever did), was for a friend. Outdoors. In the evening. The wedding started 4 hours late, in the pitch black darkness. Did the best I could, given the circumstances. Bride and groom got marriage annulled two weeks later, never wanted the photos.

• Options
    John_ReeseJohn_Reese New member Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    The worst wedding I had to cover was during the summer. The heat was unbearable and on top of that, it was in the evening. Poor lighting conditions made it difficult to take rich pictures, and the heat drained my camera's battery very fast.