RESULTS: Dgrin Mini-Challenge #276 - Dead Flowers

DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Thanks everyone for participating. The images are quite lovely, and all of the sets had very strong images.

@grandmaR - I like the rose, but I kept pausing on your third image, Tulip Petals. I like the gold, transmitted and reflected light, combined with the strong curving lines which converge.
@JAG - the Forgotten Sunflower is a neat image. The colour is a really different take on the normal sunflower meme.
@Sarasphotos - The fading tulip image is very colourful. The fading flower in front contrasts nicely with all the perfect flowers behind
@pegelli - The hydrangea is a beautiful, strong, branching shape in brown and grey. The inverted triangle helps one explore the image and the soft background is very nice.
@StueveShots - Your second image, the lavender, is a really nice, simple image.
@Cavalier - the first image, fading roses is really nicely composed, and the curve formed by the four flowers gives a great three dimensional effect.
@slpollett - the second image, cosmos, is a beautiful, minimalist composition.
@lkbart - the dried orchid in a tiny teacup is a very lovely still life with a faded blossom.
@bfluegie - the last image, hydrangea fallen among the leaves has a nice form, with the flower head forming a nice triangle on the right of the image, offsetting the bit of colour in the leaves on the left and right.
@ky1 - the mini-challenge subject was dead flowers. Your leaf image is very nice, but really doesn't fit the definition. thanks for participating, and I am looking forward to seeing images from you in future challenges.

Picking a winner and hm images from this challenge has been really difficult. So, HMs and applause to @pegelli #1 (Hydrangea), @slpollett #2 (cosmos), and @sarasphotos #1 (fading tulip).

The winner is @cavalier #1, Fading Roses. I love the subtle blemishing and slightly off colours, and the composition is great. The plane of focus lifts you up at the front of the image to the in-focus rose, then leads you into the back of the image, along a great curve.

Comments