Options

New Portfolio / Pro account users can't post links

kitmonsterkitmonster Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
I totally understand why you don't want random new users to be able to post links. But when I'm paying for a Portfolio site and need support setting my website up, it seems a little harsh that I have to wait x number of weeks / post x number of posts - I'm not sure what the bar is. I try and be as self sufficient as possible and fix most things myself with research, but occasionally it would make life so much easier and quicker for me and support if I could just post a link to a page I'm building. Just sayin'
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator

Just looked at your user profile here. There shouldn't be any reason you can't post links right now. There is a small number of days and hours and post counts before you can do those things here, to prevent drive-by spammers, but you should be good to go. Maybe try it here in the next post to test?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited December 23, 2018

As David said, you should have full privileges by now, but if you haven't logged out recently, that could be why you're having a problem. Log out and log in again and if you still can't include links or images, send me a PM and I'll try to sort it out.

BTW, anyone can post a link as text. It won't be clickable for newcomers, but we can still copy and paste the link to look at your site.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding. And welcome to Dgrin