Torres del Paine, Patagonia

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Here are the pictures from the second half of my recent trip to Patagonia, Torres del Paine National Park in Chile.

1) This is a Guanaco, essentially a south American llama, there are quite a few of them in the park.

2)

3) Pretty tough pre-dawn hike up to Mirador Base Las Torres, the towers were entirely shrouded in fog when we got there, along with probably a dozen other people. After waiting for three hours in wind, rain and cold, the weather finally broke enough to get some light on the towers. I was the only photographer left at that point and so the only person in the world to get this shot that day. :smile:

4) Passed this glacier fed waterfall on the way down. You can drink directly from the streams in Patagonia.

5) Early morning pano of Cerro Paine Grande (2750 meters) on the left and Cuernos del Paine (2600 meters) on the right. Cuernos means horn in Spanish. That taller spire is the horn. These are the highest peaks in the park. This was an easy 3 mile or so hike each way.

6) Some snaps from the hike back.

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12) Some early morning drama from a different location, after a long wait in the rain. It never did clear up enough to get a better shot.

13) A Chilean horse chilling out.

I think that's about enough for now... Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the shots.
Joel

Comments