Cold And Dreary

black mambablack mamba Major grinsJacksonville, FLPosts: 6,444Registered Users Major grins

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Comments

• WernerGWernerG Major grins Posts: 488Registered Users Major grins

That looks like Maine, not Jacksonville, Florida.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,444Registered Users Major grins

I couldn't agree with you more, Werner. Actually, it is near Blowing Rock, NC. Thanks for the visit.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,559Registered Users Major grins

Nice shots Tom, I really like #1. On both shots, specially #2 I would have liked to have more "floor". I hope you are keeping well.
    '

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,444Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 6, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Cristóbal. I agree with you. The base of the trees in #2 was cut off by an earthen mound.that was covered with distracting, scragly bushes. No other optional perspective gave me the shot of the upper tree structure I wanted so I just opted to raise the lower edge of the image to eliminate the distracting foreground. Honestly, it was probably a shot I should have walked away from but after a short hike in 19 degree temps, I was going to get something. I'm doing really well.....hope you are too, my friend.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,559Registered Users Major grins

Glad to hear.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,528Registered Users Major grins

Super capture Tom! Very stark!

edited January 7, 2019

@Stumblebum said:
    Super capture Tom! Very stark!

Many thanks, Taz. I hope this new year will be a rewarding one for you.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 1,102Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 8, 2019

I really like these types of images. The architecture of trees at this time of year is so revealing, and beautiful.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@roaddog52 said:
    I really like these types of images. The architecture of trees at this time of year is so revealing, and beautiful.

Phil

Thanks for the visit, Phil. I completely agree with you.