Birds

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I've been playing with a new 200-500 lens, here is a rough collage of bird pics, so far I'm very happy with it.

Comments

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

Very nice set. Lovely variety of birds.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, Cristóbal. Who makes the lens you're using and does the sharpness of that lens stand up to a large blow-up of the image?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Indeed a beautiful collection! Must have taken a lot of patience to get all this little chirpers in front of your lens. Did you take all of those pictures in Brazil?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Nice work, Cristóbal. Who makes the lens you're using and does the sharpness of that lens stand up to a large blow-up of the image?

Hi Tom,

I got a Nikon 200-500, I think it is pretty sharp, loving it so far, what do you think?

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Indeed a beautiful collection! Must have taken a lot of patience to get all this little chirpers in front of your lens. Did you take all of those pictures in Brazil?

Thanks. Yes, they are all in or around Brasilia.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@Juano said:
    I got a Nikon 200-500, I think it is pretty sharp, loving it so far, what do you think?

Looks like a good lens! The hummingbird shot is wonderful, love the detail in the feathers.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet set!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2019

I'd say that this lens is a keeper. The success of any lens, however, lies in the hands of who is using it. This lens couldn't be in better hands. You're going to have a lot of fun with it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Good set, Cristóbal.

Good lens for wildlife.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks guys!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23 Big grins

I would do loads more bird photography , unfortunately I damaged my 200ml Lens

Now how about all those birds in Flight ,,

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great set! That is a nice lens, looks like the photographer uses it to the best advantage.
    I look forward to the day I retire (again, 4th time) and have the time to get back into some serious photography.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@roaddog52 said:
    Great set! That is a nice lens, looks like the photographer uses it to the best advantage.
    I look forward to the day I retire (again, 4th time) and have the time to get back into some serious photography.

Thanks.

edited January 12, 2019

@mongoose330 said:
    I would do loads more bird photography , unfortunately I damaged my 200ml Lens

Now how about all those birds in Flight ,,

>

That's the next step with this monster lens...

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Very nice collection, Cristobal. That hummingbird shot is wonderful! I am very jealous of your new lens. If you get tired of it, send it my way and it will find a nice home on another Nikon!

Can't wait to see more of your great work with this new toy!

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

Thanks Lauren, good to see you back around!