Ruby Beach, different times

roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Inspired by a post by Taz.
Why we visit the same place, time and time again. These images are all at Ruby Beach, Olympic National Park.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Beautiful! I like them all, with 3 being my favorite.

• PJPhotoPJPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    3 is my favourite too, that's a cracking image. Really like 4 too. Nice set of images :)
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

A very beautiful set. I do like the blue toned images, and especially number #4. And number #5 is a really awesome B&W conversion, really setting a fitting mood to that image. Well done.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Phil! So many moods! There is always another shot to be had! Thanks for sharing!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Excellent, Phil.

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Great set. I wish I could tell which is my favorite, but as I scrolled down I kept saying "no, this one..." as they just got better and better. Then I did the same thing as I scrolled back up. What an amazing coastline. I guess that's another place on my must see list.

~~Barbara
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Thanks to all for viewing and commenting. This location is in the coastal area of the Olympic Nation Park, 3 hours or so from my home. It is a very secluded part of Washington state, with only a few amenities, so if you go, be prepared. I have a few other shots planned for this area, but weather, tides and the new moon, need to come together at the same time to make them work.

• schmadschmad Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Very nice photo's. The first one is my favorite.

@schmad said:
    Very nice photo's. The first one is my favorite.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wonderful set, Phil. Ah, it brings back memories of the 80s when I was there myself once or twice (although never in such lovely weather...).

In browsing through several times I've come to the conclusion that no. 4 is my personal favorite. While some may not find it as stunningly beautiful as some of the other shots, I love the reflection in the watery sand, the color of the light, and the encroaching mist. These are the properties that make it so very Pacific Northwest for me.

@sarasphotos said:
    Wonderful set, Phil. Ah, it brings back memories of the 80s when I was there myself once or twice (although never in such lovely weather...).

In browsing through several times I've come to the conclusion that no. 4 is my personal favorite. While some may not find it as stunningly beautiful as some of the other shots, I love the reflection in the watery sand, the color of the light, and the encroaching mist. These are the properties that make it so very Pacific Northwest for me.

Thanks Sara. Ruby Beach for most photographers is an afternoon or evening destination. When the weather is right, as in #4, there are some great morning opportunities.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Nice set, Phil. I can see why you return there again and again. #3 is my favorite, with #4 a close second--I like the blues and the comp.

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash said:
    Nice set, Phil. I can see why you return there again and again. #3 is my favorite, with #4 a close second--I like the blues and the comp.

Lauren

Thanks Lauren.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Great study of light and composition at Ruby beach, Phil. I actually like 4, 5 and 6 the best.

@kdog said:
    Great study of light and composition at Ruby beach, Phil. I actually like 4, 5 and 6 the best.

@jerryr said:
    Very nice - like #2 and #4

Thanks Joel, and Jerry, for commenting

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

All excellent @roaddog52 with 1 & 2 favs if forced to choose...

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Brody said:
    All excellent @roaddog52 with 1 & 2 favs if forced to choose...

Thanks John.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2019

Duplicate comment deleted.

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins

I really like the third and fourth ones in this set. Great mood and light in these.

"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Oh hellz yea! Love this set, so wonderfully moody!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Just returned from traveling and saw these. Terrific! I wouldn't say it's my favorite but number 4 kept drawing me back.

@anwmn1 said:
    I really like the third and fourth ones in this set. Great mood and light in these.

@JonaBeth Russell said:
    Oh hellz yea! Love this set, so wonderfully moody!

@Cornflake said:
    Just returned from traveling and saw these. Terrific! I wouldn't say it's my favorite but number 4 kept drawing me back.

Thanks Guys. Haven't had much time for photography, because construction is booming, but I recently got away for a quick road trip. I'll post some images soon.

Phil