Options

Best way to set up this front page?

jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

I want to have a front page which consists of photos that I consider "worthy" of being on the front page - let's say the 50 most recent photos that _I liked _(NOT the most 50 recent photos). When clicked on I would go to the gallery where this photo can be found.

Another way of looking at it: I uploaded/sync some new photos to Smugmug, some of these I would "mark" (?) as "front page photos". Then when I view my Smugmug site I would see these photos on the front page and when clicked on I would move to the gallery where they can be found. These new front page photos also have caused some less recently uploaded photos to disappear from the front page.

I hope this description makes sense?

From what I can see I have one module that shows the most recent photos (all of them) but I can figure out how to show the recent photos that have been marked in some way and when clicked on takes me to the original gallery. Can this be done? What am I missing?

Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Add a keyword to the photos you want to show. Something like "recent likes" and use that keyword to create a Smart gallery.
    Add a photos widget/box to your home and select its photo source from that smart gallery.
    Then all you have to do is add/remove KW's on photos of your choice to update what shows.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

Thanks

Jan Erik Moström