Not sure if I need to migrate to WordPress completely or if a subdomain might work?

picsbydarahpicsbydarah Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Please help, internet people. I have found that the capabilities of Smugmug are just not enough for me anymore - especially in terms of blogging. I am considering migrating to WordPress completely which I know will be an absolute pain in the ass, BUT I am wondering if anyone has had success with just making a separate WordPress blog and making a subdomain for it?

It's not ideal, as I understand website.com/blog is far more efficient than blog.website.com, but I suppose I am willing to do it that way to save myself the hassle of a complete migration.

I am hosted through GoDaddy/Smugmug partnership which has also been frustrating but I suppose that's neither here nor there, and I know I could go in and create the subdomains and point it in the necessary direction, but I am wondering if anyone else has had success? I do not want to create a blog only to find out that I can't make it work with my current website.

I HATE (Hate Hate Hate!) working with Smugmug's text editor, and it is the primary reason that I am looking at WordPress. Can anyone tell me or show me their websites which are linked to WordPress so that I can get a better idea as to which option would be better? How difficult was the setup?

Comments