Struggle

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

^^I agree with Taz, "wow" was the word that came out of my lips when I saw this! Great "rusty" feel.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

That's powerful stuff. Very well done.

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow!

Wow works for me! Stunning

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Many thanks, I wanted to convey some angst and helplessness, apparently it worked!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

I like this shot and the 1:1 frame is really suiting it well. I don't attach the mentioned emotions to it, but it's still a very pleasing visual to look at - lot's of things to discover on it.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Many thanks!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Very nice, Cristóbal. I get the angst

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2019

Very nice, fellow. You once commented that one of my shots was " right down my alley ". We're even now :) as I feel that way about this. Great job.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks for the comment and kind words Will and Tom. It has taken me years to beat the fear and frustration of working in photoshop, but now I'm committed to climb that very steep and very long learning curve...

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Looks like you and Photoshop are becoming friends . . . great stuff!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash said:
    Looks like you and Photoshop are becoming friends . . . great stuff!

Thanks! There's lots to learn!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Fascinating. I think I'm fairly competent in Photoshop and I have no clue how you did this. :)

@Cornflake said:
    Fascinating. I think I'm fairly competent in Photoshop and I have no clue how you did this. :)

It was a bit of beginner's luck, but not a complicated process. I had a pic of a manhole cover that I had "rustified" and a pic of the very cool hands that I had converted to BW, both old pictures. I imported the manhole cover as background and the hands as a smart object and played with blending modes, that's all.