Xiapu beautiful seascapes

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited February 1, 2019 in Landscapes

Comments and feedback appreciated.

These are seascapes as opposed to landscapes. They were shot in Xiapu, Fujian province (China), a hidden gem for photography. It offers different scenes throughout the 4 seasons and during harvesting time will have different scenario. I went there twice and feel like going again. Its never enough.

More pics can be viewed here
https://david-low.smugmug.com/Galleries/Travel/Xiapu-Fujian-Apr-18/

Comments

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

An absolutely stunning set! It's hard to pick a favorite. Love the simplicity of 1 and 9.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

This is a wonderful set!
    I also love the simplicity of 1, that's my favorite!

• david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins

@roaddog52 said:
    An absolutely stunning set! It's hard to pick a favorite. Love the simplicity of 1 and 9.

Phil

Tks Phil,

Many of them are equally my fav. Personally I also don’t hv a preference of one over the rest. If given just one choice, it would be (1).

@denisegoldberg said:
    This is a wonderful set!

@denisegoldberg said:
    This is a wonderful set!

Tks so much Denise m. Glad u liked it

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow! Stunning work! Unique beauty!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

What an awesome set, David! And the other pictures on your site - to say "nice" would be an understatement :-) Very interesting compositions and processing, at every single of them. Most inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Can

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2019

Amazing photos. You started with remarkable subject matter, obviously, but the compositions are excellent.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Fantastic set. I've never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Wonderful body of work. I didn't know that there are that many poles in the entire world.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 31, 2019

Hi Guys.

Tks so much for the nice comments. Very much appreciated for complimenting and encouraging words. Most often I asked abt stupid technical issue in this forum. I’d say this the first major set of pictures I post since 2008 !

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow! Stunning work! Unique beauty!

Thank you Stumblebum

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    What an awesome set, David! And the other pictures on your site - to say "nice" would be an understatement :-) Very interesting compositions and processing, at every single of them. Most inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Can

Thank you Kurzvorzwoelf. Pls feel free to roam ard my site.

@Cornflake said:
    Amazing photos. You started with remarkable subject matter, obviously, but the compositions are excellent.

Thank you Cornflakes. I always try to compose the picture as best I could to make it interesting.

@kdog said:
    Fantastic set. I've never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing.

Tks kdog. You should take some time to make a venture there. Seeing is believing.

@black mamba said:
    Wonderful body of work. I didn't know that there are that many poles in the entire world.

Hey Tom, Tks. I think still possible to count them.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Wow great images...

I've never seen this number of fish farms and you have treated them superbly...

Nice work

Rags
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Outstanding work. Bravo!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Just gorgeous images. I also checked out the rest at your site. So jealous of getting to see that area with real eyeballs, but thank goodness you captured these for us to see here.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@torags said:
    Wow great images...

I've never seen this number of fish farms and you have treated them superbly...

Nice work

@Richard said:
    Outstanding work. Bravo!

@David_S85 said:
    Just gorgeous images. I also checked out the rest at your site. So jealous of getting to see that area with real eyeballs, but thank goodness you captured these for us to see here.

Thanks all guys for the nice comments.

If you have time, pls do make a trip there. Hope your location has org that conduct tour there. You may run into language problem but a picture paints a thousand words. They are perhaps the largest producer of kelps and seed weeds in the world.

Food there are so healthy. Lots of vege cooked in different style and lots of fish. No steak !

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

these are wonderful and very interesting place.

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

@Awais Yaqub said:
    these are wonderful and very interesting place.

Thank you Awais

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Just WOW. Amazing set. Number 1 was my favorite until I saw number 9 - and then there are the rest of the beauties. I envy your eye, shooting, and post-processing talents. Incredible series of seascapes.

@Cavalier said:
    Just WOW. Amazing set. Number 1 was my favorite until I saw number 9 - and then there are the rest of the beauties. I envy your eye, shooting, and post-processing talents. Incredible series of seascapes.

Thank you Cavalier,

Coincidentally 1 and 9 also my fav. And tks to photoshop that able to make photo under a dull weather pops.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow, wowo, wow!!! These (as well as your other current sets) are fabulous! While I also follow the trend of liking 1 & 9, 2 (the reflection of the clouds on the water!) & 7 (those two colored "kites" in the rather monochromatic scene) both appealed to me very much as well. My least favorite of the bunch was #3 where I feel that the white vignetting is a little heavy-handed.

Thank you so much for sharing!

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow, wowo, wow!!! These (as well as your other current sets) are fabulous! While I also follow the trend of liking 1 & 9, 2 (the reflection of the clouds on the water!) & 7 (those two colored "kites" in the rather monochromatic scene) both appealed to me very much as well. My least favorite of the bunch was #3 where I feel that the white vignetting is a little heavy-handed.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you Sara and appreciate very much your comments and your personal view for #3.

That's what make tweaking a photo interesting, to what extend become acceptable or overdone.