Beachfront Home in Paradise

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited February 6, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

What can $6.2M get you on the island of Maui? Well, not as much as one might imagine, but still quite a bit. This cute 2 story beach home was an absolute joy to photograph. We staged water toys (surfboards, kites, etc) in the yard, I filmed the proper owner kite surfing right off the backyard, and got to fly a drone in a super controlled airspace (Mahalo to the FAA & local ATC for making that happen). Plus...I spent the day at the beach for work!

The ground & interior shots were created with a Sony a7r3 and Sony GM glass + a handful of speedlights scattered throughout the home. All single exposures, no HDR work here. Aerials were shot on a Mavic 2 Zoom. The camera on this little bird doesn't quite have the dynamic range I would prefer, but it does have a telephoto zoom lens, so that's fun.

BONUS: There's a video! Best viewed on a large screen @ 4k UHD quality with premium sound.

Normally, I'd show the entire property in an overhead top-down shot like this. However, the FAA limited me to a 75ft above ground level altitude with the drone, so I took what I could get.

Comments

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

Very nice, especially the dusk shot at the end.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Awesome set again. Good example of what a professional camera in the hands of a professional photographer is capable of today.

I was just a little confused about the woman in #7, was that intended?

Oh, and yeah, I'm moving in!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow! Some people really have been given everything!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@WernerG said:
    Very nice, especially the dusk shot at the end.

Thank you!

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Awesome set again. Good example of what a professional camera in the hands of a professional photographer is capable of today.

I was just a little confused about the woman in #7, was that intended?

Oh, and yeah, I'm moving in!

Ha! I'm glad you pointed that out, and a little embarrassed I never caught it myself! I've since repaired that mistake, thanks. :smiley:

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow! Some people really have been given everything!

You got that right, Taz! I'm shooting a home this Friday that'll be listed for $29M. Some of the art pieces on the walls are over $1M. I'll be sure to post pics when I can!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2019

More great stuff, JonaBeth. You need a helper? BTW....this house by itself might...might....make the $1,500,000 range around here, depending on where it is located. The package you presented really accentuates the old addage that location, location, is paramount.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.