Texture and color

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Still trying and experimenting.

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Interesting, Cristobal. Keep experimenting!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

I can see this hanging in some art gallery and people discussing it seriously, like "whoa, what was this intention with all this tonal differences, it must be some expression of conflict in modern society" and at the same time, Cristobal in front of his PC like "hm, what does this slider in PS do again?" hehe.

I agree with Cornflake, it's quite interesting what you are doing there!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    I can see this hanging in some art gallery and people discussing it seriously, like "whoa, what was this intention with all this tonal differences, it must be some expression of conflict in modern society" and at the same time, Cristobal in front of his PC like "hm, what does this slider in PS do again?" hehe.

I agree with Cornflake, it's quite interesting what you are doing there!

Conflict in modern society... yes, that was exactly what I was thinking :p !!

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

I think I am back in the 70s! Keep it up, Cristobal -- you are giving us some fun stuff to look at.

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

The set of four with the common theme of the rectangle is very striking.

@redleash said:
    I think I am back in the 70s! Keep it up, Cristobal -- you are giving us some fun stuff to look at.

Ha! I'll take that as a compliment... I guess I'm dating myself!

@WernerG said:

Many thanks.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

A friend is an artist whose paintings sell for what seems like a lot of money to me. I've heard that when painters take off in a new direction, there's often a period when the new creations don't really work. It takes a while for the artist to settle in. Meanwhile their agents want them to stop this tomfoolery and go back to what safely sold.

That's just a coda to "keep experimenting."

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Amazing work! Bravo!

@Cornflake said:
    A friend is an artist whose paintings sell for what seems like a lot of money to me. I've heard that when painters take off in a new direction, there's often a period when the new creations don't really work. It takes a while for the artist to settle in. Meanwhile their agents want them to stop this tomfoolery and go back to what safely sold.

That's just a coda to "keep experimenting."

Point taken. Since my previous work wasn't selling for a lot of money (or any money, for that matter) I guess I'm safe to keep on trying things!

In this particular instance, I think that the texture is a bit overwhelming, I need to try different somewhat smoother backgrounds. Lots of fun! Thanks for the comments.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Very cool. I like the vibrant colors.

@WernerG said:

@Stumblebum said:
    Amazing work! Bravo!

@Richard said:
    Very cool. I like the vibrant colors.

Many thanks!

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Yes, meant it as a compliment - although yours is totally abstract this reminds me of Peter Max, who painted sports figures in a similar style to this. And I am dating myself also!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com