Adding content to the bottom of the page

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered before. I have used the search function already, but somehow I seem to be too stupid to find it.

On my landing page, I have just a (sticky) header with logo and navigation, and no more content so far and I use images from a gallery as a slidshow for the page's background. Page is set to stretchy and use full height, so the "Powered by SmugMug" is also displayed on the bottom of the page.

Now, on that page, I want a single content block on the bottom, just above the SmugMug footer. However, if I drag a text block to the page, I can only attach it below the header, not above the footer.

Is there a way I can accomplish that?

Cheers,
Can

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins

In the upper part of the right flyout select "entire site" to highlight it.

Now you'll be able to add a widget/box in the footer.
    Drag new widget over the "Powered by SmugMug" area and select "UP" arrow to place at top of footer.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Hi Allen,

@Allen said:
    In the upper part of the right flyout select "entire site" to highlight it.

Now you'll be able to add a widget/box in the footer.
    Drag new widget over the "Powered by SmugMug" area and select "UP" arrow to place at top of footer.

that works fine, but now this on my entire site instead of just the landing page. Is it possible to limit the display of this text block to the landing page?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins

Add this to "entire site" CSS

/*  hide footer text widget everywhere  */
        .sm-page-layout-region-footer .sm-page-widget-24348834 {display: none}
             /*  show footer text widget only on home page */
        .sm-page-home .sm-page-layout-region-footer .sm-page-widget-24348834 
        {display: block}

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Awesome @Allen , that worked out fine. You just made my day :smiley::+1:

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Can