Can I resurrect a disappeared upload gallery?

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

So this is a bit weird. For many years I've had an "uploads" area on my site where clients are allowed to upload photos. (They upload their choice of proofs images in case you're wondering.) LOTS of my customers had this link because many of them take months or years before they get around to choosing their photos. Well, I just went to check that gallery for any uploads, and it's gone! Vanished. Actually the upload link does bring you to a page with the drag-and-drop upload page. However, any actual uploads fail because the gallery behind it has vanished. I'm positive I didn't delete the gallery myself. Why would I?

I did create a new uploads area, but of course this has a different URL. Since many of my customers have the old URL, I would really, really like to get that same URL working again.

Can someone work with me to resurrect my old uploads gallery? Here's the URL to it. http://jmgphoto.smugmug.com/upload/KKTFTL/ClientUploads

Thanks,
Joel

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
  • BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins

Joel, please email us via https://help.smugmug.com/contact . Our support heroes can recover deleted content, but we'll need you to email from the account email address, first ;)

Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2019

The last time I had a gallery resurrected, 1/1/19, many many duplicate photos show up. Seems every past version comes along. Or just many duplicates, some as many as many 20.
    Is there any way to only bring back the latest versions of each photo?

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Thanks, guys. A point of clarification. I don't care about the photos. What I need is the upload gallery back at the same URL, as many, many of my customers use that link.

I'm going to contact the help desk as Mike and Bea suggested.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

WOW. Problem fixed by SmugHero Sebastian already. Try getting service like THAT from any other photo site. Thanks guys!!

@Allen said:
    The last time I had a gallery resurrected, 1/1/19, many many duplicate photos show up. Seems every past version comes along. Or just many duplicates, some as many as many 20.
    Is there any way to only bring back the latest versions of each photo?

Essentially the same thing happened to me as well, the gallery was full of old stuff when it was resurrected. NOT a problem for me, as I just delete everything in it after I download the contents from it anyway. I could see how that could be a pain for others though. Still, having too many photos is better than the alternative of having none! :open_mouth: