MENU GALLERY THUMBS REPEAT

ParisParis Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins

Hey everyone...

A while back I did a major redesign with your help ( shoutout to Hikin' Mike) and I am wondering if this is possible.

Right now each Menu Category directs the viewer to a master page showing various Labelled Gallery Thumbs and when you click on a Gallery Thumb you are taken to the Gallery.

This all works great.

However, since the Labelled Gallery Thumb is actually derived from the selected Featured Image in each Gallery Setting... it also appears a second time on the Gallery Page.

QUESTION: Is it possible to NOT have the Labelled Gallery Thumb also appear on the last Gallery Page?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins

You can select a photo from anywhere on your site for any folder or gallery. The folder can be any different photo you want.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ParisParis Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins

Thanks Allen... it never occurred to me that I can upload the specific Thumb photos to an obscure folder and access then from there to prevent them from showing up in the actual gallery.

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2019

I have an unlisted gallery that holds special "feature" photos I use for folders and galleries. These are usually special crops and zooms that are not in the gallery. The feature photos are not really thumbs but small photos.

@Paris said:
    Thanks Allen... it never occurred to me that I can upload the specific Thumb photos to an obscure folder and access then from there to prevent them from showing up in the actual gallery.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ParisParis Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins

Thanks again. Exactly what I am doing works great!