City in the desert

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Different, for sure. I like it. It reminds me very much of a shot I posted many moons ago that was extracted from the hood of an old truck and then subjected to a nightmare of slider activities in PP work. It's fun to mess around like this, isn't it buddy?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Different, for sure. I like it. It reminds me very much of a shot I posted many moons ago that was extracted from the hood of an old truck and then subjected to a nightmare of slider activities in PP work. It's fun to mess around like this, isn't it buddy?

It sure is fun Tom, I'd love to see your old pic of you still have it...

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2019

This shot was taken of a hood on a rusted out '55 Chevy truck abandoned on the side of the road. After a generous dose of my rust treatment, I see a brushy foreground, a line of trees in the middle, and the sky above. The blurred effect was a reflection of my mood at the time.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Very cool! I totally see the landscape, I like it! Thanks for sharing.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like this one, Cristobal. It isn't straight, though. There's no law that says it must be but some of us can't see anything else if an image is tilted.

Thank you! I guess you’re right, I’m not sure if it’s an artifact of how the layers blended or if the original cityscape was tilted. It’s one of those instances where you look at an image for so long that you stop looking at certain details... good catch, thanks again.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Very nice Cristobal... your skills are getting better...

Maybe the best you can do is level the horizon (it doesn't work on hills) and let the clouds run wild...

Good one for Tom too...

Nice both...

Rags

@torags said:
    Very nice Cristobal... your skills are getting better...

Maybe the best you can do is level the horizon (it doesn't work on hills) and let the clouds run wild...

Good one for Tom too...

Nice both...

Thanks Rags, I will fix it.

edited February 23, 2019

Straightened version...

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Jeeze... I really like the image Cristobal...

Even on 2nd look ... it has aesthetic durability (did I just say that?... :D )

Rags
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@Juano said:
    Straightened version...

This one has grown on me - I like it!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I see NOISE and I wonder if it is intentional but if so, not sure how it is contributing towards the "art". Noise is not same as grain which people sometimes add.
    City is at very bottom strip so proportion doesn't feel right.....if the whole thing was abstract then that's okay but since city line is NOT abstract then proportion matters as big space above doesn't have anything interesting or defining.......but because is is large one does look at it then has to figure out what to look at....
    Also the horizon is showing big tilt......
    It also has miniaturizing affect going on.....
    It is caught in between all of those things......it is got to be abstract or miniature or landscape with heavy effects.......
    It also feels like forced like put so many effects and paint and ingredients and hoping something interesting will emerge.....over done perhaps.
    Cheers Christobal!

Thanks for the comment Taz, I'm still experimenting and learning with all this. I agree it may be overdone.

@torags said:
    Jeeze... I really like the image Cristobal...

Even on 2nd look ... it has aesthetic durability (did I just say that?... :D )

@denisegoldberg said:

@Juano said:
    Straightened version...

This one has grown on me - I like it!

Thanks Denise and Rags.