Spent blossoms

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice grab. I tried zooming into the right side and I like the level of detail better. Maybe a crop?

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

I've come back to this one a few times now, and the truth is, it really isn't saying much to me. I think Cristóbal may be right in suggesting some sort of crop. As it is, there's lots of color and detail, but I find it too uniform--my eye wanders randomly instead of being guided by light, line or composition. I suspect that there may be many interesting images contained in this one, but I think it's up to the photographer to find them, not the viewer.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Don, I kind of like it, but my first thought was "what is this image about???" - I'm not exactly sure what the real subject/focal point should be. Like Richard and Cristóbal said - maybe a crop?

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cristobal, Richard, Sara, thanks for the comments. There's no real focal point here. I tried to avoid having one. For me the image was about the texture and pattern formed by the various plant parts. I didn't want the viewer's attention drawn to any particular element. A crop wouldn't be a solution as it would tend to emphasize particular details.

Even though I took the photo I meant to take, and even though I'm pleased with it, it obviously doesn't communicate much to three viewers whose opinions I value. I'll need to noodle about that.

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

I like the pattern just as a pattern. It is fun to look at and to study. I also like that the colors are all of a consistent pallet.

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

Love it! The colors, pattern and sadness. Knowing the full bloom and then this....

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Werner, Anna-Maria, thanks for the comments.