The end of an era...

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

The theater where I used to work is now going through a major renovation. For the coming 6-8 years the entire "campus" is closed to the public and all of the offices, workshops and performance spaces are being housed elsewhere in the city. The last building to be emptied was the administration/workshop building - and before it got shut up for good I cruised through with my camera. I'm not sure these are interesting out of context... feedback is heartily appreciated.

1) Entry

2) The fabric-dying room (no open flames!)

3) Props left behind

4) Left on the windowsill

5)

6) empty carpentry shop

7) chair with a history

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I think they're very interesting. You chose evocative details and I like the framing.

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

I like them also, especially #1, the layered doors, and 4, the coil of line.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Next phase might be better lets hope. For pictures, yeah, the beautiful words followed by pictures did mean something, as Don said, "evocative details".

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@Cornflake @WernerG @Stumblebum Don, Werner & Taz, thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, Taz, the next phase should be better... This building, which fortunately has no historical significance* - it's just old, will be torn down and a beautiful new complex housing offices, workshops, rehearsal studios and a small performance space will be built in its stead. Simultaneously the main theater building (across the street) is being restored and all of the historically protected parts (the facade and some interior architectural details and furnishings) are being refurbished and the stage machinery, office and rehearsal spaces being rebuilt. Everyone who is or was involved with the theater is dearly looking forward to the completion of this massive project.

*Woe be unto you if you live in or own a historically-protected building. Many, many, many things cannot be changed until (if) they're approved by the "historically protected buildings" committee. Which nearly always means more time and more money.

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

A nice set to tell the story and the b/w conversion is really good and appropriate.

@Eia AnnaMaria, thanks ro much for commenting!

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Nice series that does tell a story of something forgotten and left behind. I especially like 4 and 6--nice conversions and details. I have to say #4 is my favorite--it definitely speaks of something left behind, and the wadded up tissue really affirms that to me. Very nice collection!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash Lauren, thanks so much for the feedback!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like no 7 for the abstraction, Sara.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks Willard, appreciate the feedback!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good documentary series. The forgotten angel wings are wonderfully nostalgic. I hope the new place lives to your expectations.

Cristóbal, thanks for commenting. The angel wings are my favorite of the bunch.