Fascinating cars of yore

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited February 20, 2019 in Other Cool Shots
  1. 1933 MG J2 Look at the placement of the engine compartment firewall relative to the passenger area. Quite unusual. The ocupant's legs and feet would extend into the " blank " space beyond the dashboard.

1. 1930 Duesenberg Lebaron

1. 1928 Marmon "78" Rumble Seat Roadster. This very car was the pace car for the 1928 Indianapolis 500 race.

1. 1931 Alfa Romero 6C 1750 Zagato Spyder

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Beautiful photos of some gorgeous machines, Tom! Thanks for posting these!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Another great set Tom. You certainly get to see some beautiful work. That Duesenberg, is a beautiful example of rolling, metal art!

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Incredible collection Tom! Like them all!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@moose135 said:
    Beautiful photos of some gorgeous machines, Tom! Thanks for posting these!

Thanks, John. Did you make it down to the rain fest at the Daytona 24 hours?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@roaddog52 said:
    Another great set Tom. You certainly get to see some beautiful work. That Duesenberg, is a beautiful example of rolling, metal art!

Phil

I feel blessed, Phil, to get the exposure that I do to some of the most beautiful....and intriguing....cars ever made. I've chased these scenes for years and it never gets old.

@Stumblebum said:
    Incredible collection Tom! Like them all!

Hey, buddy. I'd love to haul you around to some of these shows that I go to. Like me, you'd probably suffer from sensory overload.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Thanks, John. Did you make it down to the rain fest at the Daytona 24 hours?

Absolutely! Life has been upside down since we got back, but I'll post some shots here in the next few days.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

As always, nice shots, Tom. I'll always have a soft spot for MGs... and haven't we seen that Dusenberg before???

@sarasphotos said:
    As always, nice shots, Tom. I'll always have a soft spot for MGs... and haven't we seen that Dusenberg before???

It's sure great to hear from you, Sara. I'm happy to have seen some posts from you recently....it has been too long since you've been really active on the forum. I've shot that very Duesenberg at several big shows before so, yes, it's likely that you have seen it in a previous posting. It ranks real high on my list of the most beautiful cars ever produced.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

It's sure great to hear from you, Sara. I'm happy to have seen some posts from you recently....it has been too long since you've been really active on the forum.

Gee thanks, Tom - it's nice to be missed. :blush: I'm now entering my second year of retirement and it seems to be having a gentler start than the first year. Particularly now in winter I'm finally finding the time to edit the several thousand photos I took last year with my new camera. And I am also finding a bit more time to comment and post myself.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set of cool cars, Tom

The MG is supercharged, isn't it ?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    Nice set of cool cars, Tom

The MG is supercharged, isn't it ?

Yes, my friend, this car is outfitted with a front-mounted roots-type supercharger. Only a small percentage of this car came with this option.