Looking at Things #1

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited February 10, 2019 in Street and Documentary

Since I'm yet a little hestitant to shoot street containing people actually noticing me shooting them, I concentrate on shooting them while they're busy. Preferably, while they are looking at something else. This is part one of a series I have in mind, of people being actually looking at things. Thus, I gave the series the title "Looking at Things". Part one is themed "Smartphones".

As always, C&C is much appreciated.

1) Everyone so Busy, taken near Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Russia

2) Sharing a View. Taken at Dublin Castle in Dublin, Ireland

3) Both sides matter. Taken at Zaryadye Park in Moscow, Russia

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

People are so into their phones that you can get quite a bit closer without them noticing. I like the simple comp in #2.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@Richard said:
    People are so into their phones that you can get quite a bit closer without them noticing. I like the simple comp in #2.

Yeah, phones seem to be hypnotizing devices. I just found the post "Strategies for street photography" linked from the sticky post in this forum, it actually makes me feel better with that I'm not alone with my thoughts :smile:

Thanks for your feedback, Richard.

Cheers,
    Can

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Richard said:

I also like the composition of 2, nice.