Couple from the beach with reach

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Toted the Sony a7r3 + Canon 75-300 down to the beach for lunch today, grabbed a couple long shots of the scenery. Not a bad place to take a break :smiley:

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Love the colors! Of the two shots I much prefer the first.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

JBR, what do you like in here? I am not seeing it. Test shots from new zoom lens?

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2019

@Stumblebum said:
    JBR, what do you like in here? I am not seeing it. Test shots from new zoom lens?

Mostly these were just to share a little bit of what my current view perspective was at the time. Not really anything I'd print, just a 'oh that's a nice lunch spot' kinda thing.

With that said, I like the signs in the first image, mostly because of how they're warped by high winds, visual remnants of times most tourists never see. In the second image, I enjoyed the walking trail of sand. I considered removing the sign, so as to allow the viewer to more quickly identify the walking trail, but decided to just let people have their own experience with the image.

The lens I used an old junker, pretty much a fugitive from the squeezer. lol. It's the only long glass I own right now, saving for a Sony GM 100-400. In the meantime, I've been enjoying pushing the lens to it's limits, and being forced to practice manual focus, often tracking moving subjects. You can see this in the bird photos I posted in the wildlife section.