Wildflower

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

This is the first desert wildflower to bloom in our yard this year. I don't know what it is. Every fall my wife and I scatter seeds. By the time flowers appear, we've forgotten what kinds of seed we scattered.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Whatever it is, it's beautiful!
    I like the focus on this.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks, Denise.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Superb!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Well done, Don. I'd like to see this cropped about an inch and a half left of the far left bloom, ,straigt down to a point about 1 inch below the lowest bloom and run that line over to the right border. The real effort is to remove that up-turned leaf on the lower left.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks, Taz.

Tom, I can see why you would say that. I decided that the petal at the lower left added some needed depth. It's debatable.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    Thanks, Taz.

Tom, I can see why you would say that. I decided that the petal at the lower left added some needed depth. It's debatable.

The reason I proposed the cropping was because of my pronounced affinity for the abstract. When cropped along the lines I suggested, it has morphed into something other than a flower.....a really teriffic abstract with a lot of mystery. The colors are killer. Sorry, Don, for imposing my own aberations on you. Good work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Tom, don't apologize! I appreciate critiques and often follow suggestions.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I can see Tom’s point. Lovely shot and colors.