Options

After the Storm

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited March 2, 2019 in Landscapes

Some of you may have noted the weather news coming out of Oregon this past week. In my area, we broke a 117-year old record for a single snowfall--and my home received over 2 feet in 18 hours. The storm last quite a bit longer, and at the end we had 3-4 foot drifts over our property. But when the sun came out, it was glorious.

Comments

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great capture. Nice job on the exposure and processing. During the recent record snow fall in the Puget sound area, we received almost 2 ft. We still have 2-3 inches in the backyard 2 weeks later. Crazy weather this year!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

This is great! Loving the tree, and the man with the snow blower is a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing this image with us!

• Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins

Thank you, RoadDog--the entire NW seems to have been hit hard. I think we will have mounds of snow on our property well into spring! :)

Thanks, JonaBeth. The man with the snow blower is my hard-working husband. (He stands 6'3"...to give you some sense of scale. Based on the height of the tree, that juniper may be well over 200 years old.) The snow-blower couldn't handle the initial dump of snow, so he hand shoveled our entire 200-foot driveway to remove the first 2 feet. I helped a little, but not enough to count. He's my hero!