Amazing bookstore

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited March 9, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

They claim it is the most beautiful in the world... It is in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Cool. It looks more like an old library than a bookstore.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Cool. It looks more like an old library than a bookstore.

I agree, but it is a bookstore. They have maintained the old theater beautifully.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

So it was a theater originally?

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Second one is good but too much on top.

If mine I would crop it few milli meters on top of the head of that central figure with hand raised......

Must more balanced and beautiful then......yeah some carvings or drawings up top are sacrificed....but better image overall.

edited March 10, 2019

Maybe not.....maybe take little from top and little from bottom.....

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2019

I'm not sure anout the cropping / non-cropping issue. After being an inveterate bookstore hound for many years....looking for obscure military books and documents....I cay say that I've never seen a bookstore clothed in more opulence than this one.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Love it! What a great use for a former theater. I'm especially fond of the first shot - it was immediately obvious to me that it was a theater, but perhaps I have a bit more exposure to the environment than most. :smiley:

@Stumblebum said:
    Maybe not.....maybe take little from top and little from bottom.....

I like your crop suggestion, thanks.

@Richard said:
    So it was a theater originally?

The theater opened in 1919 under the name Grand Splendid, in 2000 it was converted to a bookstore. Incredible place, you can sit for coffee on stage and admire the building.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

What an awesome place, Cristobal! I'm sure it provides lots of other perspectives for great shots, but the two you chose are fantastic. I like #1 for its curves and #2 for the impressive view. Sure looks like a must-visit place once in Buenos Aires.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Fabulous place. I think the first shot is the better photo--that one makes me feel like I'm there. Fine work.

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

Awesome way to show a beautiful place. i do like the cropped version as suggested because it gives a 'sweeping' view and would include it with what you have. They all give a different perspective while showing the beauty. This is quite different for sure.

@black mamba said:
    I'm not sure anout the cropping / non-cropping issue. After being an inveterate bookstore hound for many years....looking for obscure military books and documents....I cay say that I've never seen a bookstore clothed in more opulence than this one.

I agree Tom, it is a pleasure to walk into that place.

@sarasphotos said:
    Love it! What a great use for a former theater. I'm especially fond of the first shot - it was immediately obvious to me that it was a theater, but perhaps I have a bit more exposure to the environment than most. :smiley:

If you're sitting on the stage you can still see all the controls for the lights.

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    What an awesome place, Cristobal! I'm sure it provides lots of other perspectives for great shots, but the two you chose are fantastic. I like #1 for its curves and #2 for the impressive view. Sure looks like a must-visit place once in Buenos Aires.

It sure does offer a million perspectives, I only had a few minutes there, got what I could. I would like to go back with more time.

@Cornflake said:
    Fabulous place. I think the first shot is the better photo--that one makes me feel like I'm there. Fine work.

Thanks, the first shot is a three shot wide-angle pano

@Eia said:
    Awesome way to show a beautiful place. i do like the cropped version as suggested because it gives a 'sweeping' view and would include it with what you have. They all give a different perspective while showing the beauty. This is quite different for sure.

I agree the crop is much better even if you sacrifice some of the details.

Thank you all.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like no 2 the way it is, Cristóbal.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata