Login Invalid when uploading photos using Safari 12

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins

I get an invalid login error when uploading files to my Smugmug site when using Safari 12 on my iMac, they upload fine when using Chrome. I checked my preferences and cookies are allowed in Safari, is there another setting I should check.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited March 6, 2019

I had a problem uploading in Edge a while back and it turned out to be caused by the Ghostery browser extension. Once I set smug and my site to be trusted sites all was fixed.

Do you have any browser extensions installed that could be causing this?

For faster attention you might try emailing the help desk, https://help.smugmug.com/email-a-smugmug-support-hero-rkwelDyVrz, help@smugmug.com. They might have ideas about other causes.

• VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Unfortunately this issue is related to recent updates made by Safari. In the past, one could specify which 3rd party cookies could be allowed, but this is no longer available via Safari. Please follow the steps below to get logged back in.
    1) Log out of SmugMug 
2) Clear Safari's History (Safari > Clear History > All Time) 
3) Quit and relaunch Safari
 4) Login from www.smugmug.com normally.
    This issue can be a pain, but it is unfortunately out of our control. We are aware of the issue, and looking for possible workarounds.

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • Jerry Latta PhotographyJerry Latta Photography Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins

VivPix,
    I have similar problems and thanks for letting us know it is being addressed. Hopefully Smugmug will be able to get things working with Safari, because right now for me none of the unlisted galleries are showing and I am unable to upload any images using Safari. I had contacted Smugmug about this and your possible solution worked for about two weeks.
    Jerry

• DivectraDivectra Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Same issue with Safari 13.1 on my Mac. I installed Firefox and that seemed to do the trick. Annoying....had the same issue on Chrome on my PC.