Download all not working for myself or client

gputahgputah Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins

I am trying to send a link to download all the photos from a gallery for a client and the link will not generate. Its only 55 2mp images, and normally the link is done in a minute or two. I've waited an hour so far and nothing. I click on the link, it says the download is getting ready but nothing happens. The client has also tried and isn't getting a link.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• gputahgputah Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins

My client finally received a link, but I still haven't received an email with a link.

• JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

The most reliable, request the download link and the email will be sent. It can hide in spam or junk mail. Also if requested more than once in the past two weeks another email will not be sent. (Note: once the download is processed and you see it in the Organizer, you can right click on the link, use the "copy link address" option and paste the link into an email for your client.)

http://take.ms/8zB9Y

If you continue to have an issue with a specific Gallery you can always write to the Support Heroes, give them the Gallery links and they can take a look for you. help@smugmug.com

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gputahgputah Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins

That is how I was doing it. It wasn't generating the link after multiple attempts over an how. No email was being sent, wasn't listing the link being generated in the download option in the organizer.

I still do not have anything generated. have seen this in the past, and simply went back after a couple hours and tried again and it worked. But today was more urgent. I tried different browsers and incognito for chrome to see if that would trigger the link to be generated but its like the request never made it through.

The customer has the images now. I'm sure I'll run into this again because it happens for me every couple weeks. I'll reach out to support when it does happen again.

• JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Thanks for the additional detail. That sounds like a plan. Reaching out to Support is always the best tact in this situation.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins

I'm having this problem too and it's really annoying, why can't my customers simply have the option to download their images without having to provide an email? I give them a private URL so no-one else has access.

• Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins

Hi Cammo,

When a Gallery Download is requested, it can take a few minutes to prepare the zip file. We ask for their email address so they do not have to wait for that process. If they choose to download the photos individually, we do not ask for an email address.

As Jenuine mentioned above, please email the Support Heroes at help@smugmug.com if the download process gets stuck and we will take a closer look :)

All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero