Reading

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator

It's an odd composition but it makes me smile somehow. Love the light. There seems to be some banding or discoloration in the darkest areas--is this a reflection or shot through glass?

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks for commenting, Richard. I darkened the shadows some to eliminate some faint, distracting details. Apparently I did it unevenly and I'll check.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Very nice & moody shot and a great idea for a photo, @Cornflake - I like it much!

I can see some artefacts in the blacks too, if I look closely, although it doesn't distract my eyes. But there's some kind of halo around or next to the man's arm, which makes the frame feel a little "unreal" to me. Maybe it's worth brushing it off or it just might be that my display is too bright.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Thanks, kurzvorzwoelf. I have no doubt that you and Richard are correct. I've been traveling and haven't been able to check the photo but I will.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,880 Major grins

@Richard said:
    It's an odd composition but it makes me smile somehow. Love the light. There seems to be some banding or discoloration in the darkest areas--is this a reflection or shot through glass?

I agree, it is an unusual composition, but it works. It makes me wonder if someone else should have been sitting there but has departed... Great light. I can't see the banding or artifacts on my screen.

Thanks, Cristobal.