Loupedeck Plus

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins

Wow it's been probably 10 years since I've posted in here. Life gets in the way, photography goes on hold. Getting back into it (and learning video now). Anyway... have any of you heard/seen this Loupedeck Plus device? It's supposed to make color grading much easier?? Be curious if anybody has it, what your thoughts are on it? For $249 seems like a solid investment but I read reviews where the plastic felt cheap...

https://loupedeck.com/

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 1, 2019

Considering that a small professional video edit console can cost $3,000USD (Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel), and the big panels are beyond most folks' means, $250 does seem low for the number of functions claimed.

You might also look at the Contour ShuttlePRO v2. With MacOS and Windows support, plus NLEs like Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve, or visual effects software such as Adobe After Effects or Motion, and you can add custom setups too. It's around $100.

I have the simpler ShuttleXpress and even it is solid for the price.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins

Update: It's going back lol. It didn't do the job at all. I had issues with it working in the programs they said it supports... so back it goes :(