Options

Ocean View Forever

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited April 4, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

Aloha gang,

I recently had the joy of photographing another oceanfront luxury condo with an unbelievable view. This 3 bedroom 3 bath unit is listed at $5.2M and I can ALMOST see why.

This was a tough one to shoot, being that by design it's a dark tunnel with a bright hole at the end. Add the dark wood bits (aka light eater) and the puzzle increases in difficulty.

Staying true to usual form, these are single exposure images using carefully placed radio strobes. I tossed in a bonus aerial image for geo reference.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very nice JBR! Am I seeing things or the bottom of first one is soft in focus?

• Options
    berndhartenbergerberndhartenberger Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    @JonaBeth Russell: Beside the fact, that you did a great job, I would love to sit there, drink a gin tonic and enjoy a stunning sunset. :-) I wonder in which direction the sun goes down.

Bernd Hartenberger, Ansbach, Bavaria, Germany
    Sony α7 II, Sony α7R II, Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm ƒ1,8 ZA, Sony FE 24-105mm ƒ4 G OSS, Laowa 12mm ƒ2,8 Zero-D
    Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC, Adobe Photoshop CC
    www.berndhartenberger.com

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Very nice JBR! Am I seeing things or the bottom of first one is soft in focus?

Thanks Tax!! You busted me...I was playing with some post process tilt-shift effect. I still haven't decided if I like it myself so much, and you catching it the way you did makes me think more toward not.

@berndhartenberger said:
    @JonaBeth Russell: Beside the fact, that you did a great job, I would love to sit there, drink a gin tonic and enjoy a stunning sunset. :-) I wonder in which direction the sun goes down.

Ahhh, here ya' go friend! Mahalo for the compliment :)

• Options
    berndhartenbergerberndhartenberger Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

@JonaBeth Russell: Great! No wonder why it is listed at $5.2M. :smiley:

Bernd Hartenberger, Ansbach, Bavaria, Germany
    Sony α7 II, Sony α7R II, Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm ƒ1,8 ZA, Sony FE 24-105mm ƒ4 G OSS, Laowa 12mm ƒ2,8 Zero-D
    Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC, Adobe Photoshop CC
    www.berndhartenberger.com

• Options

@berndhartenberger If you're interested to take a virtual journey, here's a link to the video I wrapped up just tonight. Best viewed in 4k with premium sound.