A Few Yellowstone Favorites

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 Ubiguitous

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet captures Tom! Wonderful colorfest! Love the last two!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet captures Tom! Wonderful colorfest! Love the last two!

Thanks, brother. I was at my desk, working out the details of next year's trip to Yellowstone ( you better plan a year ahead if you want to maximize a trip to this park ) and I drifted over to look at some of my prior work. These shots are a few that I liked and visiting them again helps me steel myself up for my next assult on the place. I strongly advise those planning a trip there to go as early as they possibly can after the Park opens for the year. These shots were taken in the first week after the Park opened in June. If you wait until later in the season, you'll have to deal with massive hoards of folks that temper your enjoyment of the occasion.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great set! Like them all.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Beautiful set, Tom. My favorite compositions are 2 (the angle), 5 (rust) and 6 (snaky green water).

@Juano said:
    Great set! Like them all.

Many thanks, Cristóbal.

@sarasphotos said:
    Beautiful set, Tom. My favorite compositions are 2 (the angle), 5 (rust) and 6 (snaky green water).

Many thanks for the visit, Sara. Getting that #2 shot required me getting in to the river.....about 2 to 2 and 1/2 feet deep at that point. Now this was in the later part of June but that water coming down from the snow and ice in the higher elevations was brutally cold. I diidn't do that stunt again during the whole two weeks I was there.

You mention the word " compositions " above. Probably the only disappointment I've ever felt while there, from a photographer's point of view, stemed from not getting the composition I wanted in the shot because of a limited shooting perspective dictated by park rules or terrain limitations. I jumped in to the river to get that composition that I really wanted. Thereafter, I was more accepting of some restraints in getting to where I wanted to shoot from.

Take care.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Such a nice collection of colors! The last two are my favorites. It's been many years since I was at Yellowstone--thanks for the memories!

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash said:
    Such a nice collection of colors! The last two are my favorites. It's been many years since I was at Yellowstone--thanks for the memories!

Lauren

As you well know, Lauren, Yellowstone is a very special place. I'm as excited planning my third trip there as I was the first time around.