Options

Shadowplay

Snaphappy1952Snaphappy1952 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited April 24, 2019 in Street and Documentary

Following a YouTube video from Sean Tucker I thought I would try out his tips for shooting in harsh shadows. This isn’t my normal style..as I normally do reasonably close “people” shots

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

All interesting shots - and not easy to accomplish! The second shot is my favorite - but I wonder if it would be better with the second girl cropped out, leaving the full doorway in.

• Options

@Cavalier said:
    All interesting shots - and not easy to accomplish! The second shot is my favorite - but I wonder if it would be better with the second girl cropped out, leaving the full doorway in.

Nope. She adds mystery.

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator
    edited April 24, 2019

Fourth image is inspired. Exquisite shadow-play and the subject is timed to fit the scene. Some may find the use of dark space jarring, but it certainly works for me.

Bravo!

Recommend printing this one very large, to properly understand the context.

(Interesting histogram on this image.)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator

Nice work. I'd shave the small white bit off the top in #1, or maybe even better, crop it to a panoramic aspect, say, 17x10. I agree that the second girl adds mystery to the second one, but I actually prefer the less mysterious color version.

• Options

@Richard said:
    Nice work. I'd shave the small white bit off the top in #1, or maybe even better, crop it to a panoramic aspect, say, 17x10. I agree that the second girl adds mystery to the second one, but I actually prefer the less mysterious color version.

Yeah agree about the poor crop. I missed that one.