HS Baseball 2019

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited May 1, 2019 in Sports

Is this forum still here? ;)

6 - after getting beaned

5D4, 100-400L II. Thanks for looking!

-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins

Sweet shots! Great timing and framing. While I like the whole set I don't think 2,3 & 4 are quite as good as the rest. In 2 & 3 I find the ump butt covering the baserunner takes away a lot from the image. In four the baserunner is again covered up and in an awkward, but non-action, position.

1. fantastic framing with the baserunner just enough out of focus.
    2. great composition with the perfect depth of field
    3. Awesome. The eyes just peaking over the glove. Love it!
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2019

@cletus said:
    Sweet shots! Great timing and framing. While I like the whole set I don't think 2,3 & 4 are quite as good as the rest. In 2 & 3 I find the ump butt covering the baserunner takes away a lot from the image. In four the baserunner is again covered up and in an awkward, but non-action, position.

7 fantastic framing with the baserunner just enough out of focus.
    9 great composition with the perfect depth of field
    15 Awesome. The eyes just peaking over the glove. Love it!

Thanks! 2, 3, 4 are a sequence. I agree none of them are outstanding and the ump spoils 2 and 3. I just like the story ending with the 2nd baseman triumphantly but casually tossing himself the ball and the ump calling the runner out in #4. I am pleased with 7, 9, 15 as well, for those reasons. Funny, I was confused about your numbers at first, but when I quoted your post they show in the editor as 7, 9, 15. When the post gets published the forum software treats it as an ordered list and changes the numbers. Removing the periods after the numbers fixes it. Thanks again.

-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.