FTP upload workaround

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins

Hey grinners,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround way I can FTP files to a Smugmug gallery? I have time-lapse cameras that FTP directly from the camera to an online storage site however I'd love if there was a way I could get them straight into a gallery without me having to manually move all files over from the online storage site to Smugmug every day.

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Comments

• VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Hi Canno,

I'm sorry but FTP uploading to SmugMug is not supported.
    SmugMug gives you many ways to upload photos to your site, for example...

From your desktop
    From mobile device
    Via mobile browser
    From Dropbox
    From the SmugMug app
    From Lightroom
    From Amazon Drive
    From Flickr
    etc

Here is a link to our Help Page that will provide directions on each manner of uploading:
    https://help.smugmug.com/upload-photos-and-videos-ryoVlgDJErz

If you need further assistance with uploading, please write to us at Help@SmugMug.com

Vivian
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • owenmainowenmain Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Hi,

Is there any change on this in the past year and a half?

I'd like to request FTP uploading be supported somehow. My workflow at games is a one-man show and sending photos to clients in real-time from my camera is a workflow that is not unusual for many. FTP is something that competitors do offer. Do we think FTP uploading will ever be something that is offered?

Thanks,
    Owen
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Owen,
    To be honest, the FTP protocol has no encryption built-in and would be sending your photos unsecured and there's little to no chance we'd be implementing an insecure protocol when we're going through so much effort to keep all your data safe on SmugMug. While there's also a secure flavor of ftp called ftps, I'm not sure this is very widespread on devices like cameras as it also has some special requirements to ports and may be blocked by firewalls. That sounds like not very practical for troubleshooting purposes.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero