Wild West Tour 2019, Part 2
1) Sometimes what looks shortest on Google Maps isn't necessarily the best route for an RV. Somehow we had missed the fact that between Bryce and Zion there's a 10000 foot pass with lots and lots of curves on the way up and down.
2) Approaching Zion NP
3) Lovely view from our campsite
4) The Virgin River was exceptionally full
5) The waterfall at Emerald Pool
6) Beautiful colors
7) From Hwy 9 in Utah
8) We arrived in Las Vegas in the late afternoon and spent the first evening wandering through the Bellagio Hotel. Actually LV was not our favorite place (I knew that beforehand but it seems to be the dream of every German I know to visit, so I had to indulge...). In the evening it had a certain charm but in the daylight it was completely not our thing.
9) The famous fountains
10) You can't find a much starker contrast to Las Vegas than Death Valley.
11) More Death Valley - I tell you driving through this place just gave us a creepy feeling. So glad not to be a pioneer in a covered wagon. It was about 110 degrees on that day.
12) Sundown found us in Lone Pine at a funky but wonderful campground with a view of Mount Whitney
13) Yum - grillin!
14) Evening pastels
15) Target practice
16) An interesting stop at Mono Lake - I wish we'd had time to drive to the eastern side
17) Since it was too early for Tioga Pass to be open we had to take a rather long detour and spent two nights at the lovely city campground in South Lake Tahoe. Sundown over the lake.
18) Campsite visitor
Part 3 to follow...