Hana Hwy

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Aloha mah Dgrin peeps!

Today I'm sharing a little piece of a Maui treasure - the road to Hana. This stretch of highway hosts over 600 single lane bridges, and I don't even know how many switchback curves. Stopping along the way is tricky, as most pull-outs along the road are strictly for allowing two cars to pass. Parking in these places is a big no-no, but I know many spots to slide over without causing traffic troubles.

This image was taken from exactly one of those lesser known spots, and just a short stroll from the bridge. Enjoy the moody vibe of the rainforest jungle!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice JBR! I love that road!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Beautiful.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

So refreshing, lovely shot

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins

touch of red really makes it pop. good work

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Really lovely.

• Fig1Fig1 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins

Aloha Nui JonaBeth,
    Beautiful image. You're making me homesick. I have been to that exact spot along the Hana road. There are so many beautiful places on Maui to make photographs. Below you'll find a few that I was lucky enough to make while I toddled off for a little visit to the islands.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

These are wonderful captures, @Fig1 , thanks for sharing! Hit me up next time you're on the island :)