Options

The X-Pro2 and... Telephoto?

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins

Hey All,

So I am wondering if I should go ahead and bite the bullet on the Xt-3 or wait or the x Pro 3. I really love the rangefinder "feel", if you will, but after 15 years of shooting Canon SLRs I am wondering if having a telephoto lens on the X pro 3 would be strange.

I'm thinking about Grip, and eye placement. In one sense, the fact that the viewfinder is off to the side is great (I have a substantial schnozz), but when you are, say, rocking a 100-400 does this make the balance weird?

Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins

I've not had a chance to handle the 100-400 so I can't give accurate first hand experience. However, I've been using my ancient Nikkor 80-200 2.8 with fairly light bodies for years. That lens is a substantial hunk of metal and glass. The balance is definitely out toward the front of the lens but it's not that bad. I think it's actually a benefit for panning shots - having the center of mass forward seems to act like a bit of a pendulum, smoothing things out.

Would it be possible for you to rent a 100-400 and see how you like it on your Pro 2?

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2019

@Justiceiro said:
    Hey All,

So I am wondering if I should go ahead and bite the bullet on the Xt-3 or wait or the x Pro 3. I really love the rangefinder "feel", if you will, but after 15 years of shooting Canon SLRs I am wondering if having a telephoto lens on the X pro 3 would be strange.

I'm thinking about Grip, and eye placement. In one sense, the fact that the viewfinder is off to the side is great (I have a substantial schnozz), but when you are, say, rocking a 100-400 does this make the balance weird?

the center balance changes but I've adjusted to using the old original Canon 100-400 on a mirrorless

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Untitled