Spring Green

WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Too much out of focus to gain my interest.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like the soft look but it's hard to get a good shot with that kind of dappled sunlight. Here the orange section at the bottom keeps drawing my eye.

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

Thanks for the comments. I tried to tone down the lower right corner but I should have obliterated it. This is a bit of a strange configuration, 300mm-e tele shooting down into an inaccessible tangle with a small glowing patch of green. I was a bit startled when I saw it on the computer. The only processing was darkening the shadows and trying to tone down the bright lower corner but the image had a bit of an Orkin processes look to it, maybe because of the shallow DOF. Anyway, I like the look of the green and the shallow DOF didn't bother me. I almost wish that nothing was in good focus so that it would all have the same Orkin look.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

@Cornflake said:
    Here the orange section at the bottom keeps drawing my eye.

This for me too, but I do very much like the shot, and the soft effect the light and shallow focus gives it. Just has the right mood to it. To the first point, it would be relatively easy to darken the bottom right section to reduce the somewhat distracting orange/brown background and bring the subject to more prominence.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • MaitryMaitry Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins

It's looking like an animated picture to me!