Place Requests to Moderators Here

Comments

• sdbsdb Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins

Thank you @Richard, I didn't know and understand!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins S. UtahPosts: 0 Big grins

Moderator/Admin,

Please delete my DGRIN account. I am no longer using SmugMug.

Thank you.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

@[Deleted User] said:
    Moderator/Admin,
    Please delete my DGRIN account. I am no longer using SmugMug.
    Thank you.

Done.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JoeSJoeS Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    I think I need to change my User Name because I need to change my email address here. Current User Name is Joe S. Current email is joe@lizjoephoto.com this email no longer is valid. How can I do all of this? Current email is joescpp@gmail.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

We can change your email to joescpp@gmail.com without changing your username.
    Let us know if that's what you want.

Yes. Change my email address from joe@lizjoephoto.com to joescpp@gmail.com
    Thanks.
    If you say there is no need to change the User Name then just leave it as Joe S.
    Thanks

Done. Send me a PM if there are any issues.

edited August 6, 2019

I made a post in Kitchen Sink for an Iford dryer I want to sell and my old email address is showing up under my name. ??? Can you fix that? As a matter of fact it is showing up under this post also.

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@Joe S said:
    I made a post in Kitchen Sink for an Iford dryer I want to sell and my old email address is showing up under my name. ??? Can you fix that? As a matter of fact it is showing up under this post also.

You can change your info in your signature by going to your Profile.

Mike,
    That does not work because it keeps coming up saying it does not like my User Name. Tried to cange my User Name also and it comes up saying I can't change my User Name because it dosen't like my current User Name. I think something is wrong with this whole system. Maybe someone should take a look at this problem and maybe fix it. Thanks

Joe:
    I think I have figured out the problem. The current software doesn't like the space in your username (the software we were running when you joined didn't care). I think I can change your username to JoeS, which would fix the problem. Let me know if that's OK.

Sound great. Give it a try. I tried doing that and it didn't work for me. Hope you can fix it. If you can't let me know and I will give you a different user name. I also tried using a different name and that wouldn't work. It just kept telling me something like my user name didn't have enough letters and symbols in it.
    Thanks for your help and trying.

OK, it looks like I was able to change the username to JoeS. You might have to log off and log on again to see the change or to change your signature. Hope this fixes everything.

edited August 10, 2019

Thanks for your help with all of my problems here. I think you were able to fix things for me. Wish there were not so many old posts here on Dgrin. I think the site could use a clean up and update. I see everything is not fixed. See my next post.

My old email address is still showing up under my post. ???? Can you fix that??? Look under this post and you will see what I mean. My current email is joescpp@gmail.com

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2019

You probably have to go into your profile and change it there.
    Maybe this? This link only works for you.
    https://dgrin.com/profile/edit/JoeS

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog

@JoeS said:
    My old email address is still showing up under my post. ???? Can you fix that??? Look under this post and you will see what I mean. My current email is joescpp@gmail.com

I changed the signature and the mailto: link. As Allen said, you can edit the signature yourself anytime you want.

OK I am just putting this post on as a test to see if it is fixed. Thanks for your help.

OK Great you were able to fix it. Looks good now. Thanks again.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Beginner grinner Houston, TXPosts: 0 Beginner grinner
    Private mod contact? I need assistance.
    Thanks
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

@gordon314 said:
    Thanks

Assistance with the Dgrin forums or with Smugmug?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@[Deleted User] said:
    Thanks

OK, as requested by PM, your account has been deleted and you may create a new one whenever you like.

• HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2020

I've been a member of DIGRIN since 2005 and at the time I was able to mention my full name with a space in between. However, when wanting to make some changes in my profile, the current system does not cater for my name format. Can it please be changed to reflect, "Hauer". Thank you.

Herman

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

@Hauer said:
    I've been a member of DIGRIN since 2005 and at the time I was able to mention my full name. However, when wanting to make some changes in my profile, the current system does not cater for my name format. Can it please be changed to reflect, "Hauer". Thank you.

Herman

Done

• HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins

Thank you, Richard.
    One more request while I'm at it... tried to adjust my location but it won't accept any adjustment. May I ask you to please change my location to reflect, "The Hague, The Netherlands".

Herman

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

Done--not sure why it didn't let you do it yourself, but the first time I tried it it failed too. Dunno.

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins

Why are my new posts showing as unread when after clicking "post" and returning to top page?
    Just started other day.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog

@Allen said:
    Why are my new posts showing as unread when after clicking "post" and returning to top page?
    Just started other day.

It's a bug Vanilla is aware of and has promised to fix in the next release. If you like, you can clear it with the Mark All as Read option, though obviously this isn't the same.

• scritchscritch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm back at SmugMug and using my 12+yo dgrin account. When I edit my profile, specifically Location, it says it's saved but reverts to the current location (it's been in there for over 12+ years, maybe it's stuck. :smiley: ) - I've tried different combinations and reset browser, tried different browsers, etc. but after about 30-40 tries arriving at the same result, I defer to your guidance.