Indian Brook Falls

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.comLong IslandPosts: 906Registered Users Major grins

Here are 2 shots from Indian Brook Falls in Garrison, NY.
These are re-edits using advice received from this forum. I deleted the old shots off my website so I don't have the comparison.

Canon 5D Mark III
6 Stop ND
F/16 13 Second Exposure

F/22 2 Second Exposure

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 2,027Registered Users Major grins

Wonderful light. I especially like the composition of the second one.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins

Both wonderful, second is sweet.

For first, I think that the lower band of foreground rocks are not helping and creating some tension away from beautiful falls and heavenly light above them. While it would make a squarish crop, I would crop right where the lower band ends.

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 906Registered Users Major grins

Not sure I agree...

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins

I think you got a winner either way! The big rocks in bottom right, bit too strong....cheers David!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 1,109Registered Users Major grins

Great images. of the two versions of the first image, I prefer the large foreground rock, that anchors that corner. My 3 cents worth. (inflation) :)

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Wandering the Desert Posts: 3,463Registered Users Major grins

I like the first one as originally posted. I think the 2nd one is the one needing a crop. The vignetting helps a little but the left and right are both pretty soft and lacking areas of interest. The focus is really in the center of the frame but it is a small portion of the overall frame.

"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion