A variety of images from my travels :)

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited June 3, 2019 in Landscapes

Comments and feedback appreciated!

Autumn Colored backlit leaf with water droplet bokeh in the background. A big image of a tiny one-inch leaf.

Moonrise Over Pont des Arts Paris

Salt Marshes and Small Village in New England. I made a wrong turn and this is what I found. - A great mistake.....

A winter scene of field and Half Dome in Yosemite National Park

Moonrise over the Louvre Museum and I.M. Pei (RIP) Pyramid in Paris France

Covered Bridge in Fall in Southern New Hampshire

Just an Average New England House in Autumn on Coastal Scenic Route 127 in Massachusetts, my new favorite road...

Misty River in New England

Thanks much, John

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A great set. I really like the 3rd image, nice work! my favorites are the New England images. It would be beneficial to number your images, to make it easier to comment on them.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice images!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good ones!

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Yes, very nice images. I like the Salt Marsh the best, it has good depth to it. Also like the Yosemite shot, bridge (is that Honeymoon Bridge in Jackson?), and the Misty River.
    Agree with Roaddog above, numbering the pictures makes it easier for folks to comment individually.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Very nice set, John.

I took the liberty of adding numbers to the post. As several people pointed out, it helps the discussion when there are several pics.

I keep coming back to #3 because of the sky, which could be mistaken for an enormous mountain in the far distance.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Overall, good work. # 1 suffers from the bright white globes of light at top right.....a big distraction. The moon in # 5 is not clearly the moon.....just a bright light that unfortunately dominates the scene. # 3 is really well done.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Fig1Fig1 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    Beautiful shots. 3 and 8 are my favorites. Well done.
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Very nice set, John.

I took the liberty of adding numbers to the post. As several people pointed out, it helps the discussion when there are several pics.

I keep coming back to #3 because of the sky, which could be mistaken for an enormous mountain in the far distance.

Thank you @Richard for coming to my rescue, again :/ - The number thing is very logical, and I should have known better.

Thanks on number 3 - I shot that from a one-lane wooden country bridge which had absolutely no traffic, at least not until I got myself situated standing out of the rental car's sunroof taking the shots, then 5 cars magically appeared and pinned me in. The good news is they were all photogs and saw what I was shooting, so climbed out of their cars and joined me. We had a five-minute group shoot until other cars showed up and we had to scatter. Kinda fun :)

By the way - I have never noticed the mountain range you speak of, but now that you mentioned it, I can't look at the photo without seeing it. You have a good eye.

By the way 2 :/ - I didn't respond to any of these comments for the last week because I never knew that anybody has visited the images... I thought I remembered that Dgrin would send me a message when I got notes and never received any. Am I just remembering that wrong?

Thanks much, John

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

@roaddog52 said:
    A great set. I really like the 3rd image, nice work! my favorites are the New England images. It would be beneficial to number your images, to make it easier to comment on them.

Phil

Thanks much for your note Phil - It was my first non-city visit to New England, And I guarantee you I will be back there again. Beautiful countryside!

John

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice images!

Thanks for your note @Stumblebum 👍🏻

Much appreciated @Cornflake !

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited June 13, 2019

@Brody said:
    I thought I remembered that Dgrin would send me a message when I got notes and never received any. Am I just remembering that wrong?

The new software works a little differently than the old vBulletin stuff, but you can set your notification preferences to send you email when someone posts in one of your threads. I don't think it sends email by default. You get there by clicking on the notifications icon just to the right of your username in the header.

edited June 13, 2019

@kdog said:
    Yes, very nice images. I like the Salt Marsh the best, it has good depth to it. Also like the Yosemite shot, bridge (is that Honeymoon Bridge in Jackson?), and the Misty River.
    Agree with Roaddog above, numbering the pictures makes it easier for folks to comment individually.

Thanks for your note @kdog - I wish I could answer your question on Honeymoon bridge... Hmmm - one second... Thank iPhone XS for the location info below :) It turns out I just thought I was in New Hampshire. On these wandering photo trips, I seldom look at maps; I find that I see more stuff if I just randomly pick a road whatever I get to a 'Y' - I had just left Nashua New Hampshire when I took this shot, but it looks like I had crossed the state line. If you need more location information, let me know. BTW my pic numbering oversight fixed thanks to @Richard.

@black mamba said:
    Overall, good work. # 1 suffers from the bright white globes of light at top right.....a big distraction. The moon in # 5 is not clearly the moon.....just a bright light that unfortunately dominates the scene. # 3 is really well done.

Thanks much For your feedback @black mamba - I agree with you on the Louvre moon thing, but was back in the US when I saw it. On the Leaf/Orb conflict, I agree again, but as a personal preference thing, if I had to choose between the orbs in the leaf, to paraphrase the Godfather's "Leave the gun Take the cannoli" predicament, I would "Lose the leaf, keep the orbs" - I'm just illogically attached to bokeh, and like the idea that the 2mm water droplets turned into these big fuzzy freeform things :) Go figure. However, I should have split the pic into two separate pictures. So point taken, and thanks for your feedback!

@Fig1 said:
    Beautiful shots. 3 and 8 are my favorites. Well done.

Thanks much @Fig1 - I'm pretty partial to those two myself. Mother nature made the day for me!

@jerryr said:
    Very nice - especially #5 !

It took me several late nights at the Louvre to get that shot - Thanks for your note :)

@Richard said:

@Brody said:
    I thought I remembered that Dgrin would send me a message when I got notes and never received any. Am I just remembering that wrong?

The new software works a little differently than the old vBulletin stuff, but you can set your notification preferences to send you email when someone posts in one of your threads. I don't think it sends email by default. You get there by clicking on the notifications icon just to the right of your username in the header.

Bingo @Richard ! To my rescue again :) It was easy, I just never would have known how to set it. Thanks for the info. I will now wait for something to hit my inbox :)