Photographing past the visible light spectrum

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Shooting with my modified Nikon D300, infrared (IR) photography opens many new doors for photographic challenges, creativity, expression and wonder.

These full-color images where taken with my IR camera. Post-processing to black and white.

I have found that IR to black and white, produces deeper, richer images. The original IR photo, if post-processed accordingly (without processing to black and white), yields most interesting and striking images in its own right.

Photograph the unseen light…try it, you’ll like it!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Brilliant! I need to try IR!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great tonality!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2019

Very nice. A great guy named Craig Kirk used to be a regular on our forum. His work with IR photography is exceptional and he has started a forum dedicated to IR enthusiasts. I'm sure he would love to hear from those interested in exploring the world of IR. I believe his new froum is called the Wide World Of IR Photography Forum. If you're interested, I'd touch base with Craig ( C.Kirk@att.net ).

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks everyone!! I very much appreciate your comments and feedback.

I will try to reach out to Craig. I have been shooting IR for several years now and the variety of photographic artistry available through this medium is almost unlimited. Plus it is just cool!

Next up, I am going to a dark sky site and will try to see what I can capture when aiming my IR modified D300 out into space. IR D300, tripod, motor mount, and long exposure time. This should be interesting.

Thanks again everyone.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

I used to shot IR and these are nice El Gato...

Rags