Google Adsense support

joseafcjoseafc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
I've been trying to set up google adsense to the blog section of my page but the smugmug but the smugmug help regarding adsense doesn't look anything like the actual adsense setup in google and I haven't been able to fine any recent information regarding the initial setup between adsense and smugmug. Any one can point me towards relevant information?

Nature Photography
www.wildernesslight.net

Tagged:

Comments

• Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins

Don't know if you have worked it out yet!
    there is an adsense block you drop onto any page you want use Content and design under customize, right hand side

• joseafcjoseafc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    Yes, but to activate your adsense account you need to paste an html piece of code in the <head> and it is not possible to to in smugmug (you don't have access to add anything to that part of the code). Smugmug have been supposedly working in a solution for this for a long time but they haven't provide one. I really don't get how difficult it is to provide a solution for this...

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

@joseafc said:
    Yes, but to activate your adsense account you need to paste an html piece of code in the and it is not possible to to in smugmug (you don't have access to add anything to that part of the code). Smugmug have been supposedly working in a solution for this for a long time but they haven't provide one. I really don't get how difficult it is to provide a solution for this...

Morning,

I have Absense on my site, I haven't put any HTML code anywhere, all the back room stuff is done by SM and I just entered my Adsense info

@Djm3006 This block works after Adsense confirms the ownership of your account. The problem is that to do this adsense asks to embed a html code in the tag to confirm it and I don't have access to embed thing there. See attached image. How long ago did you created your adsense account?

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

@joseafc said:
    @Djm3006 This block works after Adsense confirms the ownership of your account. The problem is that to do this adsense asks to embed a html code in the tag to confirm it and I don't have access to embed thing there. See attached image. How long ago did you created your adsense account?

Java is a no no with SM, I have had Adsense for 3-4 years on my website. have you emailed support ? help@smugmug.com

Or ... make a add up in Adsense then put a Adsense block on one page, fill it out with details etc, and leave it for a day or so to see what happens

@Djm3006 I tried the adding the block with my information to see what happened but nothing happened. Adsense tells me that can't confirm my page. I contacted support after I initially posted this and they told me that they are aware of it but nothing else. Apparently this is how adsense verifies account at least since 2017 and SM is aware and "working" on a solution since then, whatever that means https://dgrin.com/discussion/250628/seeking-smugmug-google-adsense-assistance#latest

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

@joseafc said:
    @Djm3006 I tried the adding the block with my information to see what happened but nothing happened. Adsense tells me that can't confirm my page. I contacted support after I initially posted this and they told me that they are aware of it but nothing else. Apparently this is how adsense verifies account at least since 2017 and SM is aware and "working" on a solution since then, whatever that means https://dgrin.com/discussion/250628/seeking-smugmug-google-adsense-assistance#latest

I don't know that, they are not the fastest when it come to somethings