Big City Wolf

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Hi Can, I like the shot very much but have you considered cropping just a bit off the top? Then the dog would pop even more.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    Hi Can, I like the shot very much but have you considered cropping just a bit off the top? Then the dog would pop even more.

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion, Sara! I'm unsure about popping the subject through crop, but did it anyway. You are right, the top right was a little distracting. Plus I brightened the area of the dog a little, I think that might work for a little pop.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

To tell you truth I wanted some off the top too, but didn't want to be criticizing everything......

However, since you are in listening mood, I would consider cropping from bottom just above the horizontal line......

In generally having horizontal lines close to either top or bottom or shiny things near edges is not ideal......but again, rules are there to be broken.

Then I would remain on Mr. Dog!

Sweet capture btw! Cheers!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    To tell you truth I wanted some off the top too, but didn't want to be criticizing everything......

However, since you are in listening mood, I would consider cropping from bottom just above the horizontal line......

In generally having horizontal lines close to either top or bottom or shiny things near edges is not ideal......but again, rules are there to be broken.

Thanks, Taz! Your critic is always constructive and always on-spot, and I learn a lot from it. That's why I appreciate your comments so much! Your hint about things at edges of the frame are well noted and considered for future imagery :smile:

Then I would remain on Mr. Dog!

Sweet capture btw! Cheers!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cool shot! I'm not sure where I'd crop it.