WW2 memorial - Italy

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited June 27, 2019 in Street and Documentary

I found this old shot today, I think it speaks volumes to the horrors of war.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2019

It's a great image. The eyes are absolutely riveting. Geeeze....I'm going to dream about these guys staring at me. I like the conversion work but I wonder if a little stronger blacks might add to the drama. A home run here, Cristóbal.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks Tom, I did try pushing the blacks up, but I lost details on the eyes which I think are very powerful.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Thanks Tom, I did try pushing the blacks up, but I lost details on the eyes which I think are very powerful.

I was concerned that pushing the black might result in a loss of eye detail. And you're right, as I said above, the eyes dominate this image. A wonderful shot, buddy, that captures and emotes some strong feelings..

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

A moving image!! It does, as you state speak volumes. Nicely done!! Thanks you for sharing this image Juano.

@El Gato said:
    A moving image!! It does, as you state speak volumes. Nicely done!! Thanks you for sharing this image Juano.

Thank you

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Great shot and PP work, Cristóbal. I too am fascinated by the war memorials that are found in many, many european towns and villages.

Thanks Sara.