Patagonia

joseafcjoseafc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 28, 2019 in Landscapes

Last April I had the opportunity to spend 3 week backpacking and photographing in Patagonia. Here are some of my favorite images from that trip.
I made a gallery on my webpage with these and my other favorites. Feel free to pay a visit and say hi :smile:https://wildernesslight.net/Galleries/Patagonia/

Nature Photography
www.wildernesslight.net

Tagged:

Comments

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Wow, these are beautiful!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Beautiful images!!

• joseafcjoseafc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

Thanks @JonaBeth Russell, @Stumblebum Patagonia is a really amazing place and you almost feel that you're cheating in photography.

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Fantastic images!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Patagonia is still on my "go list." One of these days!! Your images certainly encourage me to make that trip sooner. As a big fan of black and white photography, image number three gets my "favorite" vote. Although, as stated by others, they are all beautiful!! Thank you for sharing them.

If you feel comfortable disclosing on a public forum...did you self-organize the three-week trip or did you go through a private company for the in-country itinerary?

I self-organized it. I did the W-trek in Torres del Paine in Chile and then stayed two additional nights in a lodge outside the park. Then drove into Argentina to visit Perito Moreno Glacier and then El Chaltรฉn. You can do most of this trip by bus but I opted to rent a car to have more freedom for photography. Overall driving around the region is fairly easy. The most difficult thing down there is the weather, you need to have some flexibility to be able to move around when the weather doesn't help.

@El Gato said:
    Fantastic images!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Patagonia is still on my "go list." One of these days!! Your images certainly encourage me to make that trip sooner. As a big fan of black and white photography, image number three gets my "favorite" vote. Although, as stated by others, they are all beautiful!! Thank you for sharing them.

If you feel comfortable disclosing on a public forum...did you self-organize the three-week trip or did you go through a private company for the in-country itinerary?

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

Thanks for your reply Joseafc!!

Kudos on self-organizing the trip. I know how challenging something like that could be, especially internationally. You efforts and the resulting images...make everything worth while!

I will check out the rest of your images in your gallery on your webpage.

Thanks again for sharing these images.

edited June 30, 2019

@El Gato If you're ever planning a trip down there don't hesitate to shoot me a message with questions.

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

Many thanks Jose, I certainly will.

I took a look at your gallery. Wow, wonderful shots. you must of had such a wonderful experience. Thanks again for sharing these images...pushing me to move Patagonia to the top of the "go list."

• LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins

Love the color palette on the second shot!
    The black and white looks amazing too...

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

Nice images @joseafc - I like all 3 but #2 is my favorite - The vibrant colors and their reflection on the lake give it the edge. Well done on all three!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks @Brody and @LightMagic!

Nature Photography
    www.wildernesslight.net

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins

2 is really nice but the black and white one is WOW! Nice work here.

"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

I concur, #3 is a big, WOW. That Paine Grande shot in your gallery is really sweet as well.