Arizona - Route 66 and then some

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The following are from a December trip to Arizona.

We started out in Phoenix and then visited... Petrified Forest National Park, Painted Desert, Tonto National Mounment, Holbrook, Wupatki and Sunset Crater National Monuments, Walnut Canyon National Park, Winslow, Sedona and finally ending, all too soon, back in Phoenix.

Still waiting for time to process images from the rest of the trip.

Petrified Forest National Park

Abandoned car along original Route 66 through the Painted Desert

Some fun with photography and a look back to the heyday of road trips and traveling Route 66

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

These are great! I'd love to time travel back to the 50's and do the entire route, slowly.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    These are great! I'd love to time travel back to the 50's and do the entire route, slowly.

Roger that, David!

Not only the numerous sights and "eats" along the way but, the many possible "side trips" to other interesting landmarks, National Parks, Monuments, etc., would make it a memorable trekk. There are probably more places that one could pull off, stop and spend time just photographing "a bygone era" ...slowly may end up being a couple of months!

Thanks for your comment...much appreciated!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I love the feeling you've captured, especially in the last two. Indeed, it would be nice to go back to the 50s when not so many of us tourists were underway.

@sarasphotos said:
    I love the feeling you've captured, especially in the last two. Indeed, it would be nice to go back to the 50s when not so many of us tourists were underway.

Sara, thank you for taking a look at my images and for your comment. I appreciate it!!

• Pixel_TPixel_T Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    I went to Phoenix, Grande Canyon, Sedona, Antelope Canyon, Flagstaff and Tucson in April. I can't wait to finally edit my photos.
  • Pixel_TPixel_T Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    Stunning photos. Rt 66 is great!

Hi Pixel_T...

Thank you for your comment.

Antelope Canyon is a fantastic site, on so many levels.

I photographed there in December (2017). The light, I am told, is different in the Spring as the sun is higher in the sky. As such, this (I am told) allows more light to penetrate into the canyon. Regardless of "season," the opportunity to photograph here is an awesome and memorable experience.

I look forward to seeing your photos!