France Trip - Set 1

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The following shots are from our trip to France.

The trip included stops in Le Havre, Cherbourg, Reville, Barfleur, Mont St-Michel, Ste-Mère-Église, in northwestern France, Utah Beach and the American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Normandy, France.

A great trip…wonderful people, food, scenery...would go back in a heartbeat.

1 Freshly furrowed fields waiting spring planning. Reville, France

2 The Cloisters of Mont Saint-Michel

3 Mont Saint-Michel

4 American Cemetery at Normandy, France (Infrared)

5 U.S. Navy Memorial, Utah Beach, Normandy France

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Love the IR shot of the American Cemetery. That horizon seems to be a bit off.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

Nice series @El Gato - I enjoyed 1 and 4 the best. I plan to get to this region when I get a chance. Thanks for the incentive!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Love the IR shot of the American Cemetery. That horizon seems to be a bit off.

David... if I remember correctly I was shooting from a little bit of a rise and probably didn't take all of the time I should have to be sure to have the tripod/camera leveled. I will have to reexamine the image and see if i can't straighten things out.

@Brody said:

Nice series @El Gato - I enjoyed 1 and 4 the best. I plan to get to this region when I get a chance. Thanks for the incentive!

Brody...thank you for your comment. Hope you do have a chance to visit this area. Very beautiful in many aspects and respects. Thanks again.

@Brody said:

I should have said...thank you John...sorry about the that. Brain not working as quickly as fingers across the keyboard.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Being a dyed-in-the-wool francophile I enjoyed both of these sets. BTW, the Mont Saint-Michel shot could probably also do with a bit of horizon straightening. Ah, you're reminding me that it's time to get back to Normandy again. It's been way too many years.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@El Gato said:

@Brody said:

I should have said...thank you John...sorry about the that. Brain not working as quickly as fingers across the keyboard.

No worries at all El Gato - Your brain is working better than mine these days :smile: - Have a good weekend!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________