Rolex 24 at Daytona - January 2019

moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

We made the trip down to Daytona for the Rolex 24 again,

1 - And they're off! Only 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 30 seconds to go!

2 - These teammates ran together most of the race:

3 - Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX featured an all woman team of drivers.

4 - One of the neat things about IMSA Sports Car racing is the access you can get before, and even during, the race:

5 - One of the Penske Acura DPi prototypes.

6 - I love shooting glowing rotors!

7 - Alex Zanardi, former Formula 1driver and two-time Indy Car champ, raced this BMW GT car. Zanardi lost both legs in an Indy Car crash in 2001, and he raced this car using hand controls.

8 - On the high banks at night

9 - Sunday morning brought lots of rain. There were several yellow flag periods, and a couple of red flags that stopped racing because there was so much water on the track.

10 - Side by side in the rain!

11 - All that water sure helps demonstrate the way these cars move air when they are at speed.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Sorry about the late comments, John. I seldom check the sports sub-forum. As usual, you,ve done real well here. I don't remember the number of the infield sweeping corner, but it's the last one before the little stright that leads back up to the high banking and it always produced more action and drama for me when I used to attend Daytona on a regular basis. There was always more off-road excursions at that point than at any other on the track.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2019

Thanks, Tom! And I'm sorry too, I've been tied up and haven't been back here for a while.