BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited July 9, 2019 in Landscapes

Comments and feedback appreciated!

1. The Eiffel Tower and Pont Alexandre III nearing Sunset – A dull cloudy day in Paris until the sun wedged out between clouds, and Paris lit up with this scene.

1. A Tree Lined Drive to a Mansion near Bruges, Belgium.

1. Louvre Museum And Pool Reflection in Paris, France - Always beautiful, the cloudless skies and the lack of crowds made this a stop and shoot moment.

1. Lobster Cove near Manchester-by-the-Sea Massachusetts is my new favorite oceanfront location. This site was exploding with Fall Foliage when we visited.

1. A Little Rain Gives Solitude To A Stroller - He said the rain cleared the crowds and lets him enjoy peaceful strolls along Pont Neuf and the River Seine in Paris.

1. Sunset Over Cemetery in Dijon France - I shot this unusual lighting as the sun was setting behind me, getting dark except for a beam of light on the trees.

1. A Fashionable Stroller in the Rain on Pont Neuf, Paris.

1. I shot this pond for the rippling water and multi-colored blurred stone background. The ducks stole the focus, but I liked the effect..

1. Ranchland near Calabasas, CA. This former Home of the Chumash "Indians," is largely unchanged in 1,000s of years.

1. Walden Pond - The view from the cabin of Henry David Thoreau, and probably my only selfie ever, snapped by my Canon time-lapse shutter release...

1. Mystical Lighting and Cloud Cover Over a Church

1. Autumn scene with backlit leaves and cloudy skies on Coastal Scenic Route 127 in Massachusetts, my new favorite east coast highway.

1. A brownstone near Washington Square in New York City, NY - In the same neighborhood as the Home Studio of Annie Leibovitz - JohnBrody.com / John Brody Photography.

1. Sacre Coeur Basilica and the Montmartre hillside artist colony which was a training ground for a long list of painters including van Gogh, Dalí, Monet, & Picasso.

1. Gothic Backstreet in Dijon France. Some buildings were hundreds of years old; a few dated as old as a 1,000 years.

Thanks much, John

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins

Wonderful images, all of them! Especially liked #6 and #12.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@LightMagic said:
    Wonderful images, all of them! Especially liked #6 and #12.

Thank you much for your note. The Umbrella Man is a very pleasant memory for me., one of my best trips :smile:

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Incredible set! #11, #12 and #14 and #15 are just stunning. Others are also fab. Very haunting feel to the processing, adds another dimension!

@Stumblebum said:
    Incredible set! #11, #12 and #14 and #15 are just stunning. Others are also fab. Very haunting feel to the processing, adds another dimension!

A big thanks for your feedback Taz - Always appreciated!

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Wow you really get around, John. Great collection of photos. All lovely, but these ones really stood out for me. 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13.
    On #2, is that the "Orton effect"? I haven't seen it used in a while. Looks great on that composition whatever it is.

@kdog said:
    Wow you really get around, John. Great collection of photos. All lovely, but these ones really stood out for me. 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13.
    On #2, is that the "Orton effect"? I haven't seen it used in a while. Looks great on that composition whatever it is.

Thank you much for your comment - I was hearing crickets there for about a week ;) The best way to answer your question is a screen capture of the PSD file layers added below - Maybe TMI, but better too much than a too little...

The NIK Color Efex Pro 4 used twice, and it was the Glamour Glow effect used selectively as you can see from the masks. I find it's very similar to Orton, but much more subtle IMHO. The Selectice color was just used to pop the blacks in the trees and other relevent details, and, well, as needed as you can see from the mask. Overall the edit was not that major - The lighting for the shot was pretty much perfect for the mood, so that made it easy. FYI, no ACR used on the RAW file.

I appreciate your feedback - Let me know if the info is what you wanted.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

More than enough info, thanks. Very interesting workflow and good results too.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2019

Wonderful images...all of them.

Image #12 takes me back to my childhood and youth...spent growing up in the Northeast. Fall will forever be my most favorite season!

Thank you for sharing these.

edited July 19, 2019

@jerryr said:
    Very nice - especially image #6!

Thanks much for your note Jerry - That sunset in Dijon was a beauty, and then as always happens, it was gone within a minute as the sun moved on. Lucky timing :)

Have a good weekend!

@El Gato said:

Image #12 takes me back to my childhood and youth...spent growing up in the Northeast. Fall will forever be my most favorite season!

My first real trip to the east coast to explore the famous regional autumn. I'd seen hints of the beauty in trips to DC and my NYC Cetral Park shoots, but after this last trip, it will be on my 'regular trip' rotation from now on. Beautiful stuff!

Thanks much El Gato 👍🏻

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nice stuff John

I'm partial to umbrella people and I like them all; #15 is my favorite

Rags

@torags said:
    Nice stuff John

I'm partial to umbrella people and I like them all; #15 is my favorite

Thanks much @torags - Considering England next trip - Should be lots of umbrellas out there :)